Camrider CBT Test

Full Test

See types of full test courses we offer here

Five sessions (experienced) full test

For current riders who are already competent and just need to have the skill set to be able to pass all the stages of the testing process

Six sessions (beginners) full test

For riders with a little prior experience. Maybe you rode a 125cc when you were younger or you have had some off road experience on a geared bike.

Seven sessions (novice) full test

For novice riders or those looking for complete peace of mind.  You do not even need to know how many wheels a motorcycle has to join this course

If you already have a CBT certificate which will remain in date throughout your training and tests, then you can book a course as above that 
will not have the CBT repeated and thus will be one session less. Look for the "No CBT" courses or call us to book

What is included?

  • CBT & certificate
  • If choosing the Start Biking course we can book the Theory Test for you at your request
  • DSA Test Fees – we pre-book hundreds in advance
  • Use of new high-quality 125cc /  600cc bikes for the course, we provide a new fleet of well-maintained motorcycles for all the test ranges – 50cc, 125cc and 600cc. If you want to complete CBT on your own bike then that’s fine so long as it gets to the site legally and complies with the usual road laws.
  • Petrol and insurance
  • Helmet, Gloves, Jackets, Waterproofs & a legally required fluorescent bib
  • All training from DSA qualified instructors
  • Small class sizes – never more than 2:1 on-road or 4:1 off-road
  • Use of our high-quality training facilities and off-road sites
  • 86% first-time pass rate (av. sites 2021)

Minimum requirements

  • Be at least 19 years of age
  • All sessions must be attended on time
  • You need a “full car” or a “standard provisional” licence to join a course. You will need to bring the original undamaged copy of your photo card and the paper counterpart or if you have the older just paper licence then you will need this and an in date UK passport.  It’s your licence and your responsibility to check everything is valid and in order – you can get extra information here DVLA Licence Rules.
  • You will need to attend wearing a minimum of tough unripped denim jeans (or stronger) and boots that give you some sort of ankle protection. If you have your own bike gear then great! – Bring it along.
Motorcyclye Test

Questions and answers:

When do I need to have a Motorcycle Theory test?

Motorcycle Theory Test is not needed for CBT or training sessions but required at least 5 days prior to your Module 1 exam. More details here: Rules on the motorcycle theory test

What is the course structure for full test?

Camrider recommends that the 6 and 7 session course is completed over a two to four week period and the 5 sessions over two to three weeks. This is a much better way to learn as information is not “Parrot” leant, but fixes much better into your mid to long term memory. It also gives you a chance to rest between training sessions and even to consider if you may want some extra assistance maybe with another lesson.

How long is the session length

The first CBT day should be considered as a full day – typically starting at 8.30 am and finishing between 2.30 pm and 5.30 pm dependant on your course and experience.  The following sessions are in intensive 3.5 hour blocks either AM or PM.  

We do not recommend full days for post-CBT training as learning to ride a bike is demanding both physically and mentally. There is a lot to learn and you will cover a lot of miles whilst gaining new skills. In the same way, a lorry driver will not exceed the hours their tachometer allows – we try to make sure you do not tire yourself out or get beyond your optimum learning point and thus start to reinforce negative learning experiences by compounding small mistakes when tired.

What if I already have CBT?

You can choose any of our full test courses, deduct the CBT fee if you booked it recently with us and miss the first CBT training session but carry on with the rest of the course. It is best to call and book with an advisor if you already have a valid CBT certificate. 

Can I take an Intensive course in a week?

We understand that some people do need to bunch up their training into an intensive package. Typically soldiers on leave or teachers with set holiday periods will ask us to bring the training package close together to fit into their time window.

We are happy to try to arrange this if vital to you, but would recommend the spaced courses if it is possible, as if you need more work or fail an element, then this may knock on so you loose session and/or test fees.

At what times and days do Camrider provide training?

We can provide CBT and full test training sessions seven days a week. The DVSA who is an independent Government body will conduct the Module 1 and 2 tests during weekdays and on rare occasion make test available on Saturdays.

What happens if I can’t make a scheduled course date – maybe I’m suddenly ill or needed at work etc.?

We need seven clear working days of notice to cancel or move a regular session or 10 clear working days to move or cancel a session with a test attached. Regrettably, we don’t provide insurance for you if you need to cancel for any reason outside that cancellation period. We can provide you with a note stating you did not attend for you to present to your own insurer if you have any such cover.

Who conducts the tests, what happens and what do I need?

Module 1 and 2 tests are conducted by Examiners from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. This is an external Government body.  We will book you into your test, train you and accompany you to the test centre to settle you in.

What are the ages to do the different licence types, and what does each one mean?

Riders aged 24 plus will use our 600cc bikes set to full power and will gain their full “A” licence.
Riders aged 19 to 23 will use our 600cc bikes with a small limiter switched on to allow then to gain the full “A2” licence

The “A” licence (aged 24 plus) means you can ride any bike any power no restriction.
The “A2” licence (ages 19 to 23) means you can ride up to 46bhp eg. a Honda NC700 or any bike that is legally restricted.  See the licence rules here 

What do I have to do to move from “A2” licence to “A” licence?

Either wait until you are 24 or for two years of your holding a full “A2” licence (whichever is soonest). Then just retake the DVSA tests on the unrestricted bike and you will have the new bigger power “A” licence. This process can be done in as little as 4 hours dependant on your ability.